Corporate travel apps for organizing and enjoying your business trip
1. Arrive at your destination comfortably without getting lost
Momondo – Flights, Hotels & Car Rental
Momondo’s simple app with a sleek user interface is a great way to find the best deals on flights for business travel. You can easily filter the results according to your company’s flight rewards programs, your desired travel time, as well as book hotels and car rentals at the same time.
- A clear overview of airlines, flight options, and rates
- If you don’t want to book your flight immediately, you can save it and sync your account with another device, or send your desired travel itinerary to someone else
- Sort tickets according to flight time or price, and save even more by being flexible with your dates
- Set up price alerts for your dates or destinations
SIXT: Car rental, Carsharing & Taxi
With the SIXT app, you have every option of car travel right in your pocket. You can book a short- or long-term rental for yourself or someone else, sign up for car sharing, or even call a taxi, all in one app. You can also find the closest SIXT location, learn more about each type of rental vehicle, and get special deals on your rental.
- Available in over 100 countries
- Choose your ideal type of car; rental, shared vehicle, taxi, or limousine
- Select one of many types of cars, such as SUVs, minivans, and trucks
- Keep your data accessible in one place and skip the line at the counter
❯ Create a free business account
Google Maps – Navigate & Explore
Google Maps helps you navigate any area through excellent map coverage and device synchronization. It’s a powerful app for business travel in particular, as you can save your meeting destinations on the map directly from your email. This is the navigation app for you, no matter what mode of transport you select; car, bicycle, walking, or public transport.
- Calculate your estimated time of arrival and get clever re-routing suggestions that help you beat traffic jams
- Look up restaurants, shops, and other places while on the go
- Synchronize your travel with other devices or share your travel plans with colleagues
- Download maps for offline use
Parkopedia helps you find parking spots all over the world; enter your current location or an upcoming destination and get an overview of places where you can park close to your destination. This is a particularly useful app for cities, and you can even upgrade to the premium version, which includes information such as real-time parking availability.
- Filter parking spots by price and type
- Upgrade the app for real-time availability
- Use the app for directions to the perfect parking spot for you
2. Get a good night’s sleep and great food
Airbnb – Vacation Rentals & Experiences
Try Airbnb for a more unique and priceworthy accommodation. You can find unique spaces for both longer and shorter business trips. Many of the places available give you more space than a standard hotel room, making them perfect for working during your trip or preparing meetings and presentations in peace.
- Many hosts are happy to share tips on great restaurants or guides on how to get around at your destination
- You can often get discounts and a lot of space for your money
- Additional amenities, such as parking spaces, laundry, or cooking possibilities, are common in Airbnb rentals
Uber Eats: Food Delivery
This food delivery app allows you to order from several restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide in just a few clicks. A high-quality meal is a perfect way to end a long day of business travel.
- Filter your results according to the type of cuisine, price, or delivery time; find the perfect dish for your taste
- Also has a pickup option, which is perfect for locations close to your hotel or if you use a rental for business travel
- Track your delivery in real-time and choose no-contact delivery for extra safety
OpenTable: Restaurants Near Me
OpenTable allows you to discover great restaurants nearby and book a table for a client meeting or dinner with your colleagues or employees in a few clicks. The app can find the perfect type of cuisine in your preferred location, and you can easily change your booking and rebook a table at your favorite spots.
- International reach of over 50,000 restaurants worldwide
- Quick and convenient booking of tables
- Invite people to your lunch or dinner meeting directly in the app
3. Other useful business travel apps
GasBuddy: Find and Pay for Cheap Gas and Fuel
With GasBuddy, you can not only find the cheapest gas in your area, but you can also sign up for a GasBuddy card that helps you save even more. With the convenient map function, you can make sure you’ll never run out of gas when driving your car or rental vehicle in unfamiliar areas.
- Search for different types of fuel and enjoy accurate information thanks to input from a large user base
- You can also find information about the amenities at each gas station, such as bathrooms or convenience stores
- You can conveniently log your gas expenses in the app and later write them off as business costs
Collect all your expenses in one place with the SAP Concur app to easily get reimbursed or report your costs in a consolidated manner. You can take pictures of receipts, track how far you’ve been driving, as well as synchronize information and costs with clients and colleagues you’re traveling with.
- Keep your itinerary and business expenses all in one place
- Collect all types of expenses; from flight ticket and rental fees to restaurant receipts
- Create and approve reports for different business trips
❯ Enjoy a seamless travel experience with SIXT & SAP Concur
AccuWeather: Weather alerts & live forecast info
Keep track of the weather at your travel destination as well as on the road. You can prepare for your drive better when you know whether you’ll be driving through rain or snow. It’s also good to check what the weather at your destination is going to be like so that you know what outfits to pack well in advance.
- Get both local and destination forecasts through an easy-to-use user interface
- Get warnings about extreme weather and storms
- The app also contains useful information for traveling, such as air quality updates, visibility reports, and even allergy forecasts
4. SIXT’s tips for using business travel apps